Expression of Agreement and Disagreement

Expression of Agreement and Disagreement (Ekspresi Setuju dan Tidak Setuju)


Pengertian 

Agree dan Disagree adalah suatu ekspresi dalam Bahasa Inggris yang mengungkapkan setuju atau tidak setuju terhadap suatu hal. Berikut adalah contoh ekspresi dari Agreement dan Disagreement.

Agreeing = Menyetujui
• I agree                 : saya setuju
• I agree with you         : saya setuju dengan Anda
• I couldn’t agree with you more : saya sangat setuju dengan Anda
• That’s so sure         : Benar sekali
• Abesolutely! : Benar sekali!
• You’re absolutely right! : Anda benar sekali!
• That’s exactly what I think : Hal itu tepat seperti yang saya pikirkan
• Exactly!         : Tepat sekali!
• I’m afraid I agree with him : Saya rasa saya setuju dengan dia
• I have to side with you on this one : Saya harus berpihak pada Anda untuk yang satu ini
• No doubt about it : Tidak ada keraguan mengenai hal itu
• I guess so, I suppose so : Saya kira begitu (Setuju tapi tidak terlalu yakin)
• I was going to say that : Saya tadi ingin bilang begitu
• I am with you         : Saya sependapat dengan Anda

Disagreeing =Tidak Menyetujui
• I disagree…          : saya tidak setuju
• I don’t think so : Saya rasa tidak…
• No way!  : Tidak setuju! (Ungkapan tidak setuju yang kuat)
• I’m afraid I disagree with that : Saya rasa saya tidak setuju dengan hal itu
• I totally disagree : Saya sangat tidak setuju
• That’s not always true : Itu tak selalu benar
• Not necessarily : Itu tidak penting
• That’s not always the case : itu bukan selalu masalahnya
• No, I’m not sure about that : Tidak, saya tidak yakin dengan hal itu
• I am not with you… : saya tidak berada di pihakmu
• I can’t be along with you …: saya tidak sependapat denganmu


Contoh Dialog Expressing Agreement and Disagreement:


Dina : What do you think we should give to Fia for her birthday?
(Menurutmu apa yang sebaiknya kita berikan pada Fia pada hari ulang tahunnya?)
Lisa : I think we should give her a jacket, because she often ride a motorcycle.
(Saya pikir kita sebaiknya memberikan dia sebuah jaket, karena dia sering mengendarai sepeda motor.)
Dina : I disagree. She already has so many jackets. How about a bag? She wears the same bag everyday to go to school. So, I think it would be great if we give her a bag.
(Saya tidak setuju. Dia sudah punya banyak jaket. Bagaimana kalau sebuah tas? Dia memakai tas yang sama setiap hari ke sekolah. Jadi, saya pikir akan sangat baik jika kita memberinya sebuah tas.)
Lisa : Hm.. Okay then. I agree. Let’s buy her a bag today after school.
(Hm.. Baiklah kalau begitu. Saya setuju. Ayo kita belikan dia sebuah tas hari ini sepulang sekolah.)
Dina : Okay.
(Oke.)

Exercise

Choose the correct answer.

1. Azka : “Taken” is the best movie ever.
Fatih : I don’t think so. It is totally an irrational movie
From the conversation above, we can assume that ...
A. Fatih totally disagrees with Azka
B. Fatih doesn’t understand Azka’s opinion
C. Fatih is confused with Azka’s opinion
D. Fatih doesn’t like Azka’s opinion
Jawaban : A

2. Clark : Dan Brown’s books are masterpieces.
John : ... He must have gotten many awards for what he has written.
A. I’m not sure
B. I have no idea
C. That must be true
D. I am doubtful about it
Jawaban : C

3. Chandra : I’m sure the end of the world will be in 2020.
Satya : Well, I really disagree with you. God knows the best.
A. Satya is doubtful about it
B. Satya has the same opinion with Chandra
C. Satya totally cannot accept Chandra’s opinion
D. Satya doesn’t know what to say
Jawaban : C

4. Soni : Doni, I think the one who is responsible for this case is Michael
Doni : Hmmm ... I don’t know.
A. Doni agrees with Soni
B. Doni disagrees with Soni
C. Doni has idea about the case
D. Doni cannot accept the fact
Jawaban : B

5. Yoel : ...
Awan : I don’t think so. Every country must take part in reducing gas emmissions.
A. Advanced countries are the ones who must be responsible for the gas emmissions they have been producing.
B. Developing countries must take part in reducing gas emmissions.
C. There must be no difference in burden between advanced and developing countries.
D. Advanced countries are not the only ones who must be responsible.
Jawaban : B

Subscribe to receive free email updates:

3 Responses to "Expression of Agreement and Disagreement"

  1. Replies
    1. thanks, I would be very happy if you give feed back for other posts.

      Delete
  2. thanks, I would be very happy if you give feed back for other posts.

    ReplyDelete

Contoh Pidato Bahasa Inggris tentang Drugs Abuse among Teenagers.

Contoh Pidato Bahasa Inggris tentang Drugs Abuse among Teenagers. Assalamualaikum Wr.Wb The Honorable the Juries and participants ...