Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris UN SMK; Reading , 35 soal [3]

Latihan Soal Bahasa Inggris Ujian Nasional SMK

Listening Section

1-15 (unavailable)

Reading Section

I. INCOMPLETE DIALOGUES

Questions 16-30 are incomplete dialogues.
Five choices marked A, B, C, or D  are given beneath each dialogue. You have to choose the one that best completes the dialogues.

16. Ayu : Tell me, what do you do in your spare time, Yudi?
Yudi : ..... I always try a new recipe from the newest Cooking Book
a. I care about Japanese tofu
b. I love eating many kinds of food
c. I enjoy collecting traditional utensils
d. I like preparing the table

17. Receptionist : I’m sorry. Ms. Bertha isn’t in the office today
Caller : ...............................................
a. Then  I’ll call her back another time
b. OK. Would you like to leave a message?
c. What can I do for you?
d. I think I’ve dialled the wrong number

18. Fanny : There will be a student president election on Saturday? Would you like to participate?
Tommy : ......................... Can we go together, then?
Fanny : Sure, I’ll pick you at ten
a. I’m already busy
b. I’m not sure yet
c. No, thanks
d. Of course

19. Doni : The meal was delicious ................
Dian : Thank you. Have some more desert?
Doni : No, thanks. I already had two pieces of cake
a. How kind you are!
b. What a lovely place!
c. I couldn’t enjoy it.
d. You’re a great cook

20. Visitor : Why is this place so dirty?
Host : I’m sorry. ..... . But we’ll clean it as soon as possible
a. It’s not a problem, right?
b. Can you help us clean it?
c. The cleaning service is absent
d. The receptionist will inform you later

21. Susan : I can’t find my boots and umbrella ... . I really don’t want to go out with them.
Dyah : Come on! You’ve got a rain coat. That’ll keep you dry.
a. I think I’m going to take my rain coat
b. Can you help me look for them?
c. I guess I can put them on now
d. Do you remember when it happened?

22. Donita : I feel exhausted today, but the report is due at three
Fikri : ................................................
Donita : Thanks. That’s very kind of you
a. You can take a rest later
b. I had better give you a hand, then
c. You ought to finish the report now
d. I have to concentrate on my job, first

23. Hanif : I’d like to re-schedule my appoinment with the doctor for next Monday
 .........................................
Receptionist : I’m sorry, but Monday is completely booked
a. If it is still open
b. If it were possible
c. Unless the doctor will accept it
d. Unless I can go there

24. Danny : It is a good idea that the government prohibit smoking in public places
Pandu : ............................... It’s awful sitting next to someone smoking
a. I disagree
b. I can’t say so
c. That’s true
d. Probably not

25. Ani : Excuse  me, where can I find a bus stop to down town?
Adi : ................. It’s in front of the laundromat
Ani : Thank you
a. I don’t know
b. Take bus number 15
c. The bus is over there
d. Just across this street

26. Man : How often does the train from yogya arrive?
Woman : ............. You can ask the information for the schedule
Man : Thank you
a. It arrived 5 hours ago
b. It usually leaves at three
c. It departs on time
d. It comes every 12 hours

27. Ticket service : .....................................
Ms. Eva : I want an economy class. Would you give me a seat by the isle
Ticket service : Sure, ma’am, here is your ticket
a. Would you take the business class?
b. What kind a ticket do you need, Ma’am?
c. Where would you like to stay?
d. When would you like to go

28. Puspita : The lightning knocked my TV out. .......................
Ronaldo : Yes. Let me see what’s wrong.
a. Do you think you can fix it?
b. Do you know what happened?
c. Why don’t you buy me a new one?
d. What about taking it to the repair shop?

29. Son : When are we going to eat?
Mom : ............... I’m still preparing it
a. We have to find the menu first
b. We should call the waiter
c. We’ll probably have it around six
d. We’ve already reserved a table

30. Maria : Did you to go to Ungu’s concert last Saturday night?
Lidia : Yes, ............. I had a great time. You shouldn’t have missed it
a. I admire them
b. I would go there
c. It was fantastic
d. It sounds terrible

III. Error Recognition
Questions 31 – 35, choose the inappropriate structure in the sentences below.

31. A survey  indicates that ‘ reality shows’ have attracted the higher proportion of TV viewers since the end
A B C
of the last quarter of 2008
D
32. The giant panda whose is also known as the panda bear or the bamboo panda is almost extinct because
A B
the bamboo forests where it lives are destroyed
C     D
33. Customer : How much does this diamond costs?
A B
Clerk : Oh, that’s Rp. 1.750.000,-
Customer : That is quite expensive. May you give it for Rp. 1.250.000,-?
C
Clerk : That’s too low. I’ll let you have it for Rp. 1.500.000,-
D
34. Fina : I heard that you will go camping after the final test. Will I go with you?
A B  C
Andy : Yes, but you should get permission from your parents
D
35. Wulandari is a fine-look woman. She is tall and slim. Her smooth and bright skin is always well cared
A B  C   D
     

IV. READING COMPREHENSION

Questions 36 – 50 are based on a selection of reading materials. You have to choose the best answer A, B, C or D  to each question.

Questions 36-38 refer to the following letter


Drake’s Grill
10 Cold Water Canyon
Anchorage, AK 75331

Anchorage Seafood
Route 5
Anchorage, AK 75332

Dear Mr. Blake:

It’s great disappointment that I am writing this letter. We have bought seafood from your company for the last five years. We have always been extremely pleased with the quality and service. That is until now.

Last Friday, we were scheduled to receive our order of 100 pounds of shrimp and 150 pounds of crab at 9:00 a.m. Finally, at 11:30 a.m., your delivery truck arrived, giving us only 30 minutes to prepare for our lunch time crowd. Unfortunately, that wasn’t the only problem. The order contained half of what we ordered, and most of the shrimp was bad. We had to change our menu at the last minute, and, as you can imagine, we had many unhappy customers.

We will not pay for this order and are seriously considering another vendor. It is only because we have been buying from you for so long that we want to hear your explanation. You can contact me at the restaurant

Sincerely
Joanne

Joanne Brown
Manager


36. Why did Ms. Brown write the letter?
a. To return the food
b. To express her displeasure with the company
c. To praise their service
d. To change the delivery time

37. What was a problem?
a. The time of delivery
b. The amount of seafood
c. The attitude of the driver
d. The quality of the product

38. How much shrimp did the restaurant receive?
a. 50 pounds
b. 75 pounds
c. 100 pounds
d. 150 pounds

Questions 39 to 41 refer to the following fax

EastWest Airlines
1440 Treat Lane
San Diego, CA 90007

July 10, 2010
Mr. Scott Baer
22 Armstrong Dr.
San Francisco, CA 94555

Thank you for choosing EastWest Airlines. The ticket for your flight from San Francisco (SFO) to Philadelphia (PHL) and returning with a connection flight through Chicago (ORD) is being sent to you overnight via mail. The itinerary is:

Mon. 9/20 LV SFO FL#EW945 10:23 A
Mon. 9/20 AR PHL     5:50 P
Fri. 9/24 LV PHL FL#EW890 3:45 P
Fri. 9/24 AR ORD     5:00 P
Fri. 9/24 LV ORD FL#EW202 7:30 P
Fri. 9/24 AR SFO     9:00 P

Seat assignments will be made one week before the scheduled flight

39. What is the flight number from Chicago?
a. 945
b. 730
c. 890
d. 202

40. When will Mr. Baer receive his ticket?
a. Today
b. On September 20th
c. Tomorrow
d. 7 days before the flight

41. What is the synonym of ‘overnight’ (line 3)?
a. Nightlong
b. Last night
c. Midnight
d. Nightmare


Questions 42-44 refer to the following Application Letter


Jalan Kertanegara 47
Semarang 50251
January 11, 2007

Human Resources Manager
Cloverleaf, Inc.
Jalan Pandanaran 51
Semarang 50242

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am seeking a position in your engineering department where I may use my training in computer sciences to solve engineering problems. Although I do not know if you have a current opening, I would like to be a part of the department that developed the Internet selection system.
I expect to receive a bachelor of science degree in engineering from Semarang State University in June, when I will have completed the computer systems engineering program since September 2006, I have been participating, through the university, in the professional training program at computer systems international in Salatiga. In the program I was assigned to several staff sections as an apprentice. Most recently, I have been a programmer trainee in the engineering department and have gained a great deal of experience in computer applications. Details of the academic courses I have taken are contained in the enclosed resume.
I look forward to hearing from you soon. I can be contacted at my office (8442116 ext. 232) or via e-mail (marina.t@aol.com).

Yours sincerely
Marina
Marina Tumewu


42. Why did Marina Tumewu send the letter?
a. To make complaint to engineering department
b. To develop the internet selection system
c. To apply for a job
d. To solve engineering problem

43. What was Marina’s current position when she made the letter?
a. Staff section
b. Apprentice
c. Engineer
d. A programmer trainee

44. What does ‘current opening’ (line 2) mean?
a. Exhibition
b. Vacancy
c. Release
d. Launch

Questions 45-47 refer to the following instructions

Enclosed you will find your new “First Bank” Automatic Bank Card.
Follow these simple instructions to activate it.

Call the telephone number on the back of the card and press #1. State your full name as it appears on the card. You will then be asked for your city of birth for identification purposes. Upon answering, you will be prompted to enter a four-digit secret identification password. You are encouraged to select a non-obvious password. You will then be asked to repeat it. A representative will confirm your account number. Now, you’re ready to use your bank card

Please keep the card in a secure place and do not give your password to anyone. At any time, you can call the telephone number if you lose your card or want to change your password

45. For whom are these instructions written?
a. Bank representatives
b. New bank customers
c. A security company
d. Credit card holders

46. What information will not be asked?
a. Your birth date
b. Your account number
c. Your birth place
d. A personal ID number

47. If your birthday is 09/14, what would be the best password for you?
a. 0914
b. 013948
c. Your telephone number
d. 6952

Questions 48-50 refer to the following text

Niagara Falls is a famous area of waterfalls. It is one of the most beautiful natural wonders of North America. It is on the Niagara River, about halfway between Lake Erie and Lake Ontario. The Niagara River forms part of the border between Canada and the United States. At Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada is on one side of the river, and the U.S. state of New York is on the other side.
Niagara Falls really has two waterfalls. The Horseshoe Falls are in Canada, and the American Falls are in the United States.
The Niagara River drops into a steep gorge or canyon, at the falls. Most of the water flows over the Horseshoe Falls. They are not as high as the American Falls, but they are 2,600 feet (792 meters) wide–about 0.5 mile (0.8 kilometer). The American Falls are about 1,000 feet (305 meters) wide. Beyond the falls are the Whirlpool Rapids. There, the powerful swirling water has carved a bowl out of the rock.
At night, coloured lights shine on the thundering falls. About 10 million people visit Niagara Falls each year.

48. Where is Niagara Falls located?
a. New York
b. North America
c. Canada
d. United State of America

49. How big are the Horseshoe Falls?
a. 1,000 feet
b. 305 meters
c. 2,600 feet
d. 0,5 kilometers

50. What is Canyon?
a. Swirling water
b. A deep ravine
c. Waterfall
d. Lake


Subscribe to receive free email updates:

2 Responses to "Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris UN SMK; Reading , 35 soal [3]"

Contoh Pidato Bahasa Inggris tentang Drugs Abuse among Teenagers.

Contoh Pidato Bahasa Inggris tentang Drugs Abuse among Teenagers. Assalamualaikum Wr.Wb The Honorable the Juries and participants ...